99381-99397 is not a covered service by Medicare, but it can be billed. The patient would more than likely be responsible for the amount unless the patient is covered by a secondary carrier that will pay it. When billing you would have to subtract the amount of the G code fee from the wellness code fee and use modifier 52 and GY with the E/M code. Modifier 52 indicates the service was reduced and GY indicates the services is not covered by Medicare.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join