AAPC - Back to school
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Maxim

AAPC: Back to School
    Same here. I also sent follow up emails but never received a response......

Default Well...

I was working as a coder with a company in Burbank, CA, but unfortunately they lost the contract they had with a major hospital. I am still looking for a coding position - remote or not. I passed the CPC test almost a year ago, and since that point I haven't worked as a coder - I wouldn't want my time and hard earned money invested in the studying, testing and books go to waste. I contacted Maxim once I got my diploma; passed two of their tests, and that's as much as I heard from them. It's been very frustrating.

Anyone could route me to a different source? I'll greatly appreciate it.

Default I was contacted by Maxim

I was contacted by a recruiter with Maxim in late January. He had seen my resume on one of the job sites. During the month of February, I went through testing, a mountain of paperwork, a drug test and TB test, interviews with a couple of their coding managers, etc. A couple of weeks ago, they told me I was hired as a remote coder. They told me about a specific project I would be working on, but that they were waiting on a start date with the client.

My recruiter has been responsive so far and stays in touch a couple of times a week. The waiting is tough, but I'm going to hang in there to see if they really come through with work. I have invested a lot of time and effort into the process.

In response to my original post on this thread, I did hear from some who are working for Maxim as travel coders. They seem to be satisfied. I also heard from some who, like some of you, were left hanging.

I'll post again here later with an update on my experience. I hope to be able to give a positive report.

Ruth Hood, CPC

Quote Originally Posted by okiesawyers View Post
    Well, at least I'm not the only one being ignored!
    Sandra A Richardson, RHIT, CPC

Smile maxim

I have worked for Maxim for over 3 years. Maxim has always done a great job for me and I have loved working for them. I wouldn't trade this job for anything. They are also flexible with me. When I crushed my fingers in the garage door and couldn't work their concern was for me getting better. They didn't pressure me to get back to work ASAP. If a project ends they work to get you another job as soon as possible. For those of you looking for jobs, I do know that for remote work they require at least 3 years of coding experience and passing their coding tests.

Visalia, CA

Default Similar Experience

I also had a similar experience with Maxim, about 6 months ago I took and passed all of their tests, then was aggressively pursued by a recuiter via email and phone (stating that I would have a final interview with a lead and then would start work). Then he just dissappeared and wouldn't return phone calls or emails until finally I was told they didn't get the "big project" they were hoping for but they would keep my information on file for the next project. I haven"t heard from them since.
    Jen RCC, CPC

Thumbs up I work for Maxim!

Hey all!
    I have worked for Maxim for over 3 years and I love it!! I am a remote multispecialty coder/auditor and I have worked on 3 different projects over the years. They have always been very good about placing me on a new project if one ends, and there is always plenty of work to do. Everyone that I have worked with has been great! There is always someone available to help you out if you get stuck on a tough case and they are super-flexible. I have two kids so my schedule changes all the time. Working from home isn't for everyone since you really have to keep yourself going and make sure you turn in your work, but I would HIGHLY recommend Maxim to anyone that knows they can handle it!!

Thumbs up I work for Maxim too!

Maxim has been a wonderful company to work for. I have been with them for 3 1/2 years. It is not easy to get hired because they have such high standards. You must have at least 3 years of multi specialty coding and have your certification. There are tests and interviews also. The biggest thing anyone looking for remote work needs to realize is that you are not guaranteed work. Sometime contracts only go for certain amounts of time. You may have some down time. If you prove yourself a good employee they will bend over backwards to help keep you working. My recruiter and my coding manager have been nothing but fantastic to me. They will also let you know that you are appreciated. How many other companies let you know that they appreciate you. They have worked with me through any issues I have had with genuine care and concern. As far as I am concerned I would not want to work for anyone else.

i had the same problem! sent in all my tests talked with the recruiter numerous times but no response back! going on 3 mths now!
    Amber Gary, CPC

Traverse city/ Detroit

I have sent in my resume and hoping for a respond. It is really great that there is a company with great people like the ones youve mentioned.
    I am wondering what the pay is like?

Arwa eljahmi

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast