I recently did some research on this for my facility. The link below provides billing guidance for MHS, MDwise, & Anthem HHW relating to NP and PAâ€™s. It is from July, 2012.
To sum it up what I got from the article is:
~PA's have to be billed as incident to for Indiana regular and managed Medicaid.
~When billing them as 'incident to' the appropriate modifier would be applied to the
corresponding level of care provided.
~The physician's NPI would be on the claim form
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join