I am in dermatology and have never dealt with a "hospice patient" but just received a denial of paymnt from medicare with a response of pr-b9-stating that this is pt responsibility- services are not covered because the patient is enrolled in a hospice...I remember one time seeing a similar case when medicare did pay on a claim similar to this-there was a specific modifier applied-any ideas? the claim for this date of service is 99202,11100 and 11101.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join