I am not sure what they were answering but the generally accepted response here is no only one official interpretation is allowed, that is the interpretation that has the Radiology report signed by the physician. An over read by your physician is not to billed with the 26. You can however use his documentation of his personal review of the films/CD to augment possibly his visit level as that is an element of complexity in the decision making component of the visit level.
Debra Mitchell, MSPH, CPC-H
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join