Per physical status modifiers description:
P3 = severe systemic disease
P4 = severe systemic disease /constant threat to life
P5 = moribund pt not expected to survive without operation
I have not seen any written documentation of acceptable diagnosis. We encourage our provider's to indicate the dx that qualifies for the physical status modifiers. I frequently bill those diagnosis that you have listed & have NOT had any payment (or non payment) issues from any carrier.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join