In this case, the patient had the Ileal pounch-Anal anastomosis (IPAA) or Ileoanal pounch surgery, because the dx is Ileoanal stricture that is stenosis of the ileoanal common perineal complication after ileoanal pouch surgery. Also, pouchitis is inflamation of the mucosa of the small intestine can occur after ileostomy or IPAA. I hope it is right.
So, it will be in bundle service.
With my idea I will check again in this patient file.
-The code in this time will be 44382 for Ileoscopy
- Kenalog injection will be J3301. If you bill an E/M code with the trigger point, so modifier-25 should be require for pre-service.
- Ileonal stricture will bill 45.95 (Base on what I write at the first paragraph)
- Pounchistis was proposal (base on ICD-9cm Cordination & Maintenance Committee Meeting September 24-25/08 Diagnosis Agenda). Or you can use the code in the record before.
It is just my idea. I hope it will help.
Jeslyn Nam CPC-A
- ICD-10 Training
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join