28285 is correct for Hammertoe. Below are the modifiers for the digits.
"In billing hammertoes the T modifiers should be used to indicate which toe has been operated on. TA= the left hallux, T1=2nd left, T2=3rd left, T3=4th left, T4=5th left, T5=Right hallux, T6= 2nd right, T7=3rd right, T8=4th right and T9 5th right."
I attended a seminar conducted by the AAPC and this was a topic of interest. Above was some of the information provided.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join