I am not sure if this is correct or not, but I work for a family practice doctor and we have seen patients just to get them established, and what we billed was a problem focused exam NP 99202-99204 and listed for dx codes the top 1-4 things they listed as active problems (eg hypertension, diabetes, COPD....). The reason being, when the doctor was in there with them, he did discuss with them their medical history and active problems they have, even though he may not have done anything in regards to it at this time. Hope that helps you.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join