I hope someone can help me with this. I work for a pediatric practice and am having trouble getting BC to pay for procedure code 87807 which we are using for the Rapid RSV (respiratory syncytial virus) test because they consider it a laboratory only test.
They are telling me that they will pay for other tests including procedure 87420 Infectious agent antigen detection by enzyme immunoassay technique, qualitative and quantitative, multiple-step method; adenovirus enteric types 40/41 respiratory synctial virus.
Can I use this procedure instead? If not is there a better code?
Thanks in advance for any help.
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join