AAPC - Back to school

Thread: 996.65 v 996.76

Default 996.65 v 996.76

AAPC: Back to School
    Can someone please give me an articulate difference between these two codes. It is driving me crazy and just can't see it...This is the scenario:

Thank you,

Loma Linda

Code 996.65 is an unspecified code, Codes 996.6x is also considered infection and inflammatory reaction vs. Codes 996.7x which includes hemorrhage due to any device, implant, and graft.

You can as well Index starting with hemorrhage which leads to code 996.76 which best fits the description. Hope this helps. Next time, can you put "patient went to see" instead of the actual patient's name just for privacy
    Randall Tolosa

Its a totally fictitious name...I think I need to scourer the index much more thoroughly as well as not try and over think it so much which seems to be causing these oversights.

It does did help and thank you for the explanation...Dave

Similar Threads

1. 996.73 vs 629.32
    By lovetocode in forum Diagnosis Coding
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-06-2012, 04:43 PM
  2. Dx question 996.47 - ortho
    By k-jag in forum Orthopaedics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-19-2012, 02:24 PM
  3. 996.62 or 999.31
    By NJcoder in forum Medical Coding General Discussion