First, are you doing the nuclear in your facility? Do you own the equipment?
Second, if you do own the equipment, the doc reading the nuc part of the test which are the codes, he needs to be nuclear certified.
For the doc doing the stress part/nuc (supervised) doesn't have to be certified.
Short way around it is
93015 to supervising doc
78465 78478 78480 A9502 are the certified readers codes
I hope this helps
As for the Stress Echo, usually the person who reads the Echo's will take all the codes, there is no dividing them.
Stress Echo is 93351 if you own the equipment
If its done in the hospital the codes are 93016 93018 93350
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join