The technique will be different. CTA is imaging of the vessels. CT is imaging of the tissues/organs. CTA includes reconstruction postprocessing. If reconstruction postprocessing is not done, it is not a CTA study. You would have to send it back to the physician for clarificatoin if you still think it was a vascular study, but they forgot the postprocessing in their technique or down code it to a CT. Another note, you cannot bill 76376 or 76377 with a CTA code since the reconstruction is already included in the main CTA code.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join