According to the American College of Cardiology:
The approach most consistent with existing policy is as follows: Consider the left main as a major artery when a lesion is treated in the left main only.
The left main actually splits into the LAD and LC so I think that you can use either modifier and be ok. You should probably double check any LCD issued by your local Medicare contractor though just to make sure they don't have a policy specifically related to this.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join