I know you and I have spoke about this on many occasions. Yes, ASC's can be reimbursed based on contracts. Since your billers state "its not in the contract", then I would definitely go to the higher ups and get them to renegotiate the contracts to accomodate these. A possiblity is that maybe your contracts are "rich" (meaning they pay higher) to accomodate for these but I have never seen an ASC do that simply because the amount of implants and fees vary from case to case.
Good Luck, I know this has been a sore spot for you for quite some time now.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join