Our practice also provides this service. This may vary from state to state but here's my view.
Many of our IME's were provided for patients not affiliated with our practice. The WC carrier sends a truck load of medical notes for our surgeon to review. He, in turns, provides his expertise/recommendations for the continuing treatment of this patient. Our industrial commission has a set rate for this service.
Code Time Fee
IME 01 1 hour $100.00
IME 02 2 hours $200.00
IME 03 3 hours or more $400.00
A second opinion is when the patient is sent to another provider and actually examined.
This is my experience with our workers comp/occupational health services.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join