AAPC - Back to school

Thread: Global Days' Confused

Default Global Days' Confused

AAPC: Back to School
    Can anyone help me find the global days for certain procedures. I need a great resources. I've read 0-10 on minor and 90 day for major.

So I & D would this be a minor surgery? and what are my global days? How would I determine the exact amount of global days on a procedure?

Please help.

10 day post op. you can also find this in the NCCI

Greeley Colorado

Default Add on to this question

We had a patient come in for an I/D and is in the 10 day global period at this time. At the visit today, the patient was treated for a yeast infection that she got as a result of taking the antibiotics that were prescribed for the I/D of the abscess. She was advised on how to treat the yeast infection during today's global visit. Should we be charging an office visit with a 25 modifier, or is the treatment of the yeast infection considered part of the global period as it is somewhat related?

North Carolina

I would charge for the visit with a modifier 24. I know antibiodics can create a yeast infection but It would hard to prove, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that the medication was the culprit.

Similar Threads

1. global days - Can I bill an evaluation
    By Jlokloski in forum Cardiology
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-18-2014, 10:39 AM
  2. Global Days
    By dballard2004 in forum Medicare Regulations
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-14-2011, 10:48 AM
  3. Confused on OB Global
    By Ivonne C. in forum OB/GYN
    Replies: 4