I had the same issue, however, it was not RRMC it was regular Medicare. They denied as PR-204 (Yes! pt responsibility). I was told the same thing - not payable when performed by this specialty. I turned it around on the Medicare carrier and ASKED THEM TO SHOW ME the CMS guideline that states this is NOT payable when performed by CRNA as my provider was practicing within the scope of his/her state licensure and hospital privileges. Of course, I was given a call reference number & waiting for them to call back with the guideline when 20 days later Medicare payment arrived
I haven't had the opportunity to bill another to MC (or RRMC) but you can bet I kept a copy of the EOMB in case I need to fight again.
Hope this helps.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join