I wasn't able to find any official resource information but did locate an unofficial sorce that advised the following options...
 Add modifier -22 to procedure code 93224 and increase your fee based on your provider's protocol. Be certain to include documentation to justify the prolonged service.
 Consider reporting 93224 on two separate lines with the appropriate date on each line.
 Another sorce advised reporting 93224 on the first line and 93237 on the seoncd line for the second 24 hour period. Their rational is that many services performed for the 24-hour Holter do not need to be reproduced for an additional 24 hours.
I highly recommend contacting the carrier to determine how they would prefer to see the service reported.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join