I read in last month's coding edge regarding the different types of removals Shave (11300-11313), Biopsy (11100, 11101) and Excisions (11400-11446),
So what I got out of it was that if we are sending something for pathology you use the 11100, 11101, etc. codes.
Can you really not use the 11300-11313 to bill for biopsy with a shave technique?
If that's the case would it be fair to say, that you CAN bill a 11100 for a biopsy stating that it was done with a shave technique?
I hope that I made sense,
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join