AAPC - Back to school

Thread: ASC bundling

Default ASC bundling

AAPC: Back to School
    Hey everyone. I have a question regarding bundling and unbundlling of codes.
    My office does not use an encoder so all I have is the Ingenix (updateable) Medicare Correct Coding Guide that lists all the codes and the CCI edits and all the other various information. My question is should I use this as a guide for all insurances? I run into a lot of bundling with ortho and ENT cases. This, to me, can be very confusing as to when to bundle and when not to. Any suggestions or information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance and have a great day !!

Darlene Britton, CPC
    Montgomery, AL

This is a challenge for all of us. I would say check w/ the person in your office who deals with your contracts to see if they follow CCI.

I make it a habit to follow CCI edits across the board with the few exceptions that Medicare has (G0289 mainly)

Similar Threads

1. ASC accreditation - opening up a ASC
    By 574coding in forum Outpatient Facilities
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-30-2015, 08:52 AM
  2. Bundling
    By Cindyev67 in forum Medical Coding General Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-04-2012, 09:07 AM
  3. Bundling of UA
    By amyrepp in forum Billing/Reimbursement
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-03-2010, 08:40 AM
  4. ASC conference.....ASC low cost or free webinars?
    By mad_one80 in forum Outpatient Facilities
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-27-2009, 09:36 PM
  5. Help with bundling please
    By cmac in forum Medical Coding General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-09-2009, 12:03 PM