MEDI-CAL modifiers

Default MEDI-CAL modifiers
    Exam Training Packages
    hi! does anyone know the correct medi-cal modifiers for ASC coding? we were using the ZM modifier but now being denied....should i be using AG instead?
    we havent had much medi-cal claims....so not very familiar withthe modifiers required from asc coding...plus, im new to asc coding! any help is appreciated!!

I can look into this a little further if you give me a scenario where you think you would need the modifier, also remember that all X Y and Z modifiers and codeds were deleted in 02 I believe was the year and can no longer be used.

thanks...those are the same links i have for Medi-cal...we've been billing out the ZM or ZN modifiers along with the colonoscopies before for supplies/drugs, depending on the anesthesia used...but not is denied...not sure if it changed since it's now 2009...i havent found any updated info on it... i guess i'll call there telephonic c/s # and wait for 5 hours on hold/transfer! thanks though!

Similar Threads

1. Family pact/medi-cal/modifiers
    By lshaeffer in forum Modifiers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-13-2013, 11:51 AM
  2. Modifiers when billing Medi-cal
    By suuzq in forum Pediatrics
    Last Post: 05-10-2011, 09:08 PM
  3. Medi-Cal and Mod 59
    By murphyrrm in forum Medical Coding General Discussion