I haven't coded cases or posted charges that were billed recently from an ASC in California, but I did until last year (7/08). The modifier for an ASC is "ZN", not ZM. Also, we would bill a series of Z-codes that break out the stages of care provided to the patient. Here is an example of how the charges were billed:
Z7500- exam room
Z7506- operating room
Z7512- recovery room
Z7514- room and board.
The "ZN" will only be assigned to the primary procedure. Also, I would check, but they may also let you bill them for the supply for T-tube.
Each of these lines of service will have a fee that is payable and you should be able to reference this info in the provider manual for billing services from an ASC. You should also be able to locate a fee schedule to be able to set the fee for each line of service.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join