AAPC - Back to school

Thread: Hcpcs Help

Question Hcpcs Help

AAPC: Back to School
    Does anyone know of a code that you can use for Digital Caps? A description is "They surround the toe with oil-based gel. Gently soothe blisters, corns and other irritations".
    I am having a hard time finding a code for them and would appreciate any suggestions.

Greeley, Colorado

We are going to start using L2999 (lower extremity orthoses, not elsewhere classified). The other option is 99070 but this fits better. Incidentally, we have an ABN signed when we provide these because Medicare does not cover those items. This is the basis for us changing from 99070 because you can't use an ABN on 99070.
    Lisa Bledsoe, CPC, CPMA

Duluth, Minnesota

I don't know, ... not sure on this at all. Seems to me to be little more than a bandaid of sorts. so my question is, "is it billable"? or is it part of the E/M?
    Donna, CPC, CPC-H

Similar Threads

1. Hcpcs
    By Joiaw in forum Medical Coding General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-13-2015, 11:07 AM
  2. hcpcs
    By jcgiordano in forum Medical Coding General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-05-2014, 10:28 AM
  3. Hcpcs?
    By joanne71178 in forum Outpatient Facilities