Since the patient just had cabg done, assuming that the leg you are checking was part of the cabg, i think the visit should fall under the global this is a post op issue
if its not related to the previous surgery you probably could use a E&M code with the 24 modifer for a new problem
the exploration code would have78 or 79 modifer
and look at cpt codes range 35701-35761 it is based on the veins that are involved. I hope this helps
Margaret Dodd, CPC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join