Please look at the guidelines for flaps (2009 CPT Professional edition, page 60). I quote in part: "The excision of a benign lesion (11400-11446) or a mlaignant lesion(11600-11646) is not spearately reportable with codes 14000-14300." (emphasis added by FTB)
Play close attention to how to determine the size of the defect, as you add the primary and secondary defect together to determine the size.
The surgeon will likely have to dictate an addendum to give you this information. Based on the limited info you've posted I'm thinking that 14020 will probably be the code you use.
F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join