A book that I found helpful was "Auditing Evaluation and Management Coding" By Joe Rivet, CPC, CCS-P.
Medical decision making is one of the hardest areas to audit because it's not as easy to "quantify" as the other areas. I found that doing a lot of research and learning over time helps. If I get to a situation that I'm truly stumped on, I post the scenario on this forum. I have learned a great deal from other fellow coders on this forum.
I hope this helps!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join