I'd call the doctor's office and say just what you've said in the forum. The EKG was part of the wellness exam .. just wasn't done then because the machine wasn't working.
I'm guessing this was a human error. You were there for a sick visit, you had an EKG, ergo it must have been diagnostic. (See what happens when we assume?)
Let them know that you'd be happy to put your position in writing with a copy to your insurance carrier if that would help.
F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join