My office in undecisive in terms of using this pathology code. As a derm coder I am not too familiar with this code, maybe I should be and I would like someone to point it out to me if possible.
1. What is this code mainly used for in a dermatology practice?
2. What would the physicians need to dictate to use this code?
I have read the CPT book and was surprised that it wasn't very clear in terms of an explanation. I always look to this website for counsel and I am very appreciative with all the responses big and small....
Please help me...
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join