scope tenotomy/debride-convert open

Default scope tenotomy/debride-convert open
    Medical Coding Books
    I know that a scope tenotomy is a 29999 code, but then this retracted into the bicipital groove and we debride the stump near the superior labrum and then converted to an open 23430.

I know that I can only bill the open, on a convert, but do you think I could get a 29822 debridement or possible a diagnosic 29805 out of this for our efforts?

Thanks in advance for any help

Brenda M. CPC

Quote Originally Posted by bmeech View Post
    I know that a scope tenotomy is a 29999 code, but then this retracted into the bicipital groove and we debride the stump near the superior labrum and then converted to an open 23430.

I know that I can only bill the open, on a convert, but do you think I could get a 29822 debridement or possible a diagnosic 29805 out of this for our efforts?

Thanks in advance for any help

Brenda M. CPC
    unfortunately no, not unless he debrided something else while he was in there.

Thank you so much, Mary
    and Congrads on passing the COSC in Nov 08, I have been following your advise on several threads, very informative, I am also planning on taking my COSC in Nov 09, I am currently waiting for my Praticum to arrive, just so that I know I am ready, plus they changed the format from 08 to all OP note based in 09.
    Brenda M, CPC

Similar Threads

1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-14-2014, 08:23 AM
  2. Scope AND Open
    By PLAIDMAN in forum Orthopaedics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-22-2011, 03:15 PM
  3. Knee arthroscopy convert to open
    By MNovoselatz in forum Orthopaedics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-06-2010, 09:31 AM