The meniscus has different zones - the red zone and the white zone - the red zone on the outer edge has a blood supply, while the white zone does not have adequate blood supply. So depending on where the tear is - it may be able to be repaired vs. resected.
Any time you read the term debrided or resected you would use 29881 or 29880.
When the surgeon is repairing the meniscus he would be mending it with sutures or darts that would bring the two sides of the tear together.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join