i also work in a large ortho practice which all physicians have the same TIN.
Many of our docs have sub-specialities. It is ok to bill consults from one of your docs to another. we do this quite often. just remember that if the doc that has already billed for fx care ie. ankle fx, then refers this pt to the anke foot specialist for an orif, this pt is still within a global and a consult can not be billed at that point. i hope this makes sense to you.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join