Susan: Code 43450 is in a different section of CPT than the endoscopy codes including 43235. It is in the manipulation section. Maloney dilations can be done without endoscopy. Other dilations done with endoscopy (and in the "family" of EGD codes) include 43248 when an EGD is performed followed by insertion of a guidewire with the dilator passed over the wire. Another dilation done with endoscopy is 43249 when EGD is performed and a balloon dilator is passed through the scope to accomplish the dilation.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join