It depends, when a urologist and radiologist perform the procedure together:
- The urologist reports code 55700.
- The radiologist reports coe 76942.
Also, please check the record with code 76872: transrectal echography. It should be bill with the written report document the finding and signed by the physician. Based on the Medicare coverage.
The mention is taking 10-12 tissue cores has become the standard of care (Wilson &Crawford,2004). Sextant & extended biopsy with 10-12 cores is generally performed with local anesthesia.
Otherwise, the saturation biopsy involves taking between 20 to 40 cores biopsies. This will be use code 0137T: biopsy, prostate needle saturation sampling for prostate mapping.
I hope it will help.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join