It's appropriate to use the mod 76 when you repeat the exact same procedure (using the exact same CPT code) within the global period.
But ... since the colonoscopy has a "0" global period you shouldn't need the -76 modifer. Also you are probably using a different CPT code ... perhaps 45382? ... for this second procedure.
F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC
- ICD-10 Training
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join