-An NPP may request and/or perform a consultation service within the scope of practice and licensure requirements for the NPP in the State where he/she practices and the requirements for physician collaboration and physician supervision are met;
-A consultation will not be performed as a split/shared E/M visit
According to CMS, current payment policy precludes a consultation from being a "shared/split" service. It is felt that a consultation is a unique E/M service not performed jointly or as a team. It may be decided by an NPP and physician to share or split a consultation service; however, this service must then be billed using the NPP's UPIN/PIN, not the physician's UPIN/PIN (NPI now). The physician may bill the consultation under his or her UPIN (NPI now) only when all components have been performed by the physician.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join