Our practice does not use these codes at all, but ...
If we were to use them, I'd only apply them to those holidays where the majority of practices are typically closed on that day ... New Year's Day, Easter, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, (possibly day after Thanksgiving), Christmas (possibly Christmas Eve as well).
Most offices are not typically closed on Martin Luther King Day, President's Day, or Veteran's Day, so I wouldn't apply the codes to services on those dates.
Just my opinion.
F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join