Try looking at 685---pilondial cyst codes.
685.1---without mention of abscess
The definition for this is:
A pilonidal cyst commonly involves an abscess or chronic draining sinus, usually at the base of the spine. It develops when a dead hair or hairs are pushed into the skin forming a canal or passage.
On your 998.83---non healing surgical wound.
A non-healing surgical wound is one of the complications other than infection that delays healing, or it maybe a wound that is not progressing despite appropriate treatment. Refer to WOCN guidelines (wocn.org) to check the definition of "not healing" or "non-healing".
Hope this helps....
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join