This is NOT my area of expertise, but ...
Clearly he performed two separate grafts, so you should be able to code for both. I would use the -59 modifier on the second code ... and perhaps the RT / LT modifiers? (I'm out of my element here.)
Certainly watch for the reimbursement. You will likely get a denial and need to appeal with the medical records to show that clearly there were two separate grafts done.
Good luck! And let us know how it turns out.
F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join