hmmm...something seems funny - I've never ever heard of an injection "into the ear" ...
I know decadron helps with dizziness.. and I know shots of it are given, but I've never heard of the shot being given in the ear!!!
I think there is a misunderstanding of the documentation, and I believe that it should be questioned with the provider! I believe the shot was given, for dizziness (due to middle ear issues)... but I think it was given elsewhere...not in the ear!
It would be interesting to see the documentation for the service provided. Seems to me a 69420/21 is the removal of fluid - not the injection of it... and, it's typically done under local or general anesthetic.
I'm at a loss...shrugs, sorry not much help
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join