AAPC - Back to school
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Billing Software

AAPC: Back to School
    I uswe Medisoft for two different practices and with one it is great and the other one bought a "cheaper" version that is not so great. Medisoft is affordable and does not have to have a monthly fee for support. If you go with Medisoft, I would advise using Computer Zone in NC for support. Sandy knows all there is to know about Medisoft.

Default software

We use Medics Elite by Advanced Data Systems for a 5 dr. internal medicine practice. It is very user friendly and is windows based unlike medical manager.

Oil City

Medent is excellent. In my last practice we went with the total electronic package. It is very user friendly and they spell their costs out. There is no charge for electronic claim submission with them. They are also CCHIT certified and if you are looking ahead to EMR you want to make sure you deal with a company that is certified.
    Rhonda Buckholtz, CPC, CPC-I, CGSC, COBGC, CEPDC, CENTC
    Vice President, ICD-10
    800-626-2633 ext 183
    Fax: 814-217-0447

Default Billing Software

I have used several different software systems, but I am currently using Ntierprise by Allscripts and A4Health and we like it pretty well. It is windows based and easy to use. They make it very easy to stream line and be practically paperless. We evaluated Nextgen and that was really good too. Medical Managers support is awful and I never had much luck with Mysis support either but Mysis has great software as well. The Ntierprise software has great interface options such as EMR, and Labcorp with a good EMR module as well. Megawest also had a pretty good PMS but I am sorry I can't remember the name of it . Monthly fees are a part of these systems but are worth it in the event of major problems.
    Kimm Hall CPC, CMSCS, CGCS

If you live to regret then you have not learned lifes lessons.

Stay away from Cerner the software is Intuition now. It is a windows based system easy to begin using. Has terrible support and reporting. Hard to follow up on claims and has no collection module.

I own a billing company... I go into offices and help physicians pull themselves out of the pit of hell.

Let me tell you what NOT to get.

Do NOT get Medisoft. They SUCK. As far as customer support etc.

Do NOT get Altapoint.

NextGen is very cool, but very expensive.

We currently use MARS...which is fantastic, but a very comprehensive system and not to easy on the pocketbook.

If your office is small, for the price and user capability, I may recommend EZ Healthcare. They have the best support ever.

(I could go on forever, if you want to talk more, mail me privately at katie1241@hotmail.com!)

Hope this helps!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12