Are they paying them correctly per their fee schedule?
Being an add on code the reimbursement is lower than the primary code because the RVU is much lower. Medicare pays based on RVU, not the fee submitted, is that what he is expecting to get in full?
Pull up the medicare fee schedule and show him what they approve for those codes, hopefully that will help. I am assuming he knows they only pay 80% of what they approve and that is not his issue.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join