Europe is using ICD-10. In fact, just about every country in the world is using ICD-10.
ICD-11 is still in development.
All State Health Departments in the United States currently use ICD-10 for all mortality reporting to the CDC, and then on to the WHO, but what will be implemented for morbidity reporting (and therefore affecting medical reporting) is ICD-10-CM.
ICD-10-CM cannot be implemented before October 2010 (which would be for the 2011 codes), and a more likely date is October 2011 or October 2012 (the 2012 or 2013 codes).
Hope this clears up confusion!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join