I'm not from Virginia, but I can provide you directions for locating the AAPC chapter nearest your new home.
On the corporate site of the AAPC website, click on the heading "Local Chapters." From there, select "find a local chapter" and type in the two letter abbreviation for the state (VA). All the AAPC chapters in Virginia will be listed. Click "details" for the chapter nearest your new home town and you will find the name and contact information of the local chapter officers as well as any upcoming events. Your best bet will probably be to contact the New Member Development Officer or the Chapter President. He or she will be able to tell you about their chapter.
As far as jobs are concerned, check the "Jobs" listing on the AAPC website. (This is different from the positions listed on the forum.) Local chapter meetings are terrific places to network. You might consider attending a couple nearby chapter meetings to maximize your options.
Phoenix Arizona AAPC Chapter
2007-2010 Board of Directors, AAPC Chapter Assn.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join