Most 3rd party payers to not require you to use SB modifiers. I've done billing for OB/GYN's for over 13 years and have never used it. (Not even for medicare. You do need to use -QA for them if the patient did sign her ABN.) Make sure they are credentialed under the plan before billing alone and not needed to be billed under provider as supervising MD. Most contracts or payer websites for the carrier will have billing manuals that specify how to bill for mid-level providers.
Your state may have different requirements though. Check the billing manual for your specific payer. That way you have accurate info for each.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join