Hi Lisa -
Our DOT's are charged at a "lower" rate than say the 99397 - sometimes our providers use the preventive E/M's other times they use the Office Visit E/M's - either way, "internally" they are lowered -our DOT exams (and paperwork completed) are $120.00 and we use the V70.5 dx code. We do have a contract with our local firefighters and bus drivers - their DOT exams are even lower - at $70.00. Typically, they aren't as detailed as a regular physical, there is some paperwork involved - and usually just a urine test. (though our firefighters do get a chest xray also).
our DOT's are lower than our normal preventive service or office visit E/M.
(I wouldn't like paying the $200.00 either!) I would talk to somebody about fixing a lower rate for DOT exams. ...
- ICD-10 Training
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join