595.0 is a specific location (bladder)
599.0 is an unspecified location and that's what we always use for UTI, unless the Dr specifies the location of the infection, then use the more specific location code.
Cystitis is inflammation of the urinary bladder. The condition more often affects women, but can affect either sex and all age groups. (595.0)
Urinary tract infection site not specified
Infections affecting those structures of the body which participate in the secretion and elimination of urine, i.e., the kidney, the ureters, the urinary bladder, and the urethra.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join