Operative note reads: Lap. Rt Inguinal Exploration and placement of mesh in the inguinal canal. The patient DID NOT have a hernia, however, body of op. note reads: no evidence of fascial defect but significant peritoneum which was balled up into the inguinal canal and attached to the cord which was stripped down and a piece of mesh was then placed. I coded 49320 for exploration, however, Medicare denied mesh placement because 49320 does not link to mesh code. What code should I use for mesh placement, or is there another code I should use??? Please help me with this one.
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join