I know the thread is old, but I figured there may be other coders who may search this topic in the future. In our practice we use V45.89 for any status post surgical procedures that don't have their own particular s/p diagnosis codes. Obviously there are two many procedures for the AMA/CPT to list them all. I'm not sure why they chose to list "Presence of neuropacemaker or other electronic device" in the CPT book, but it's not the only procedures V45.89 can be used on.
Jennifer L. Haney CPC, CCC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join