My initial response to this was no, when one of our orthos did this. We did some research and it turns out that they can charge for 1 subsequent care day before surgery after the decision for surgery is made. I've been looking for the back up on this and can't find it.
It still doesn't seem right to me, but this was just researched a few weeks ago so it is fairly fresh in my mind. If I run across the supporting documentation I will post it.
Sorry I couldn't be of more help,
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join